Thursday, March 11, 2010

The ride to the top

I'm getting ready to leave with our team to Haiti in a few days. Were all packing, praying and fumbling everything we do because our minds are already in Haiti. I have been spending alot of time trying to prepare myself mentally for this trip. I was told last night by one of our team members that this is in vain. He told me that there is no way to prepare myself for what I am going to see. I guess mabye it's like riding a roller coaster, even though I have a pretty good idea what it's going to be like when I reach the top, there is nothing that can be done to truly prepare for the feeling of falling 15 stories at an incredible rate. I am anticipating being in the midst of something great. I am just beside myself because I don't know what to do to get ready. So I pray and pray and pray. Please pray for me and the rest of the team. We will need his guidance and his
wisdom and his compassion.

Oh Lord. I want to be broken for you. I want to be a man that is full of compassion for others and I want a heart that beats for the lost. Lord increase my faith and my reliance on you.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment